1 – EPS
2 – M4
3 – Lumber
4 – Lumber
Compliance with the following codes:
- 2015 and 2012 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2015 and 2012 International Residential Code (IRC)
Installation – Design:
- Must follow, ICC – ES report ESR -3840
- Must follow, the M-Sips Installation manual
Fire-resistance Wall Assemblies:
- M4 Sheathing ½” thickness is rated as Classification B. according CAN/ULC S124-06, Standard Method of Test For the Evaluation of Protective Coverings For Foamed Plastic
- M4 Sheathing Non Combustible according ASTM E 136
The building code definition of an approved thermal barrier is one which is equal in fire resistance to 12.7 mm (1/2 inch) gypsum board. All building codes require an approved thermal barrier on the habitable side of a structure between the interior of the structure and the polyurethane foam.
Conditions of use:
- Type I, II III or IV exterior walls limited to 40 feet in height.
M-SIPs Panel – Specifications (Insulation type EPS- Neopor)
- R27 – 6.61” x 4’ x 8’
- R38 – 8.34” x 4 x 8’
Panel length: on request up to 20’
If extended R value is demanded the M-Thermo Panel can be applied as continuous insulation, range: R6 – R19.